CS/CS/SB 1610: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Finance and Tax ; Rodriguez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pizzo
Taxation; Providing for the eligibility for abatement of ad valorem taxes and non-ad valorem assessments for residential improvements destroyed following certain events; requiring property appraisers to provide specified statements to tax collectors; prohibiting property appraisers and tax collectors from issuing specified notices for parcels meeting certain requirements; requiring property appraisers to notify taxpayers of the abatement of taxes and non-ad valorem assessments under certain circumstances; requiring value adjustment boards to dismiss petitions under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7071 (Ch. 2022-97)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/25/22, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 217
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 380
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 527
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7071 (Ch. 2022-97)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.