SB 1708: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jones ; Book
Child Welfare; Requiring the Department of Health to waive fees for certified copies of birth certificates issued to certain unaccompanied homeless youth and young adults; revising requirements for required collaboration among the Board of Governors, the Florida College System, and the Department of Education in working with the Department of Children and Families to assist specified children and young adults; revising eligibility and requirements for a certain driver education, licensure, and insurance program to include certain unaccompanied homeless youth; specifying certification criteria for unaccompanied homeless youth; requiring district school boards to provide cards that contain specified information to certain unaccompanied homeless youth, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1577 (Ch. 2022-65), HB 7065 (Ch. 2022-67) -SJ 666
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 147
• Introduced -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/01/22, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• Read 2nd time -SJ 666
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1577 -SJ 666
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1577 (Ch. 2022-65), HB 7065 (Ch. 2022-67) -SJ 666
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.