CS/CS/SB 1728: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
Property Insurance; Deleting obsolete provisions related to eligibility thresholds for personal lines residential coverage with the Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; providing for a required limited annual rate increase for specified polices; providing that eligible surplus lines insurers may participate, in the same manner and on the same terms as an authorized insurer, in depopulation, take-out, or keep-out programs relating to policies removed from Citizens Property Insurance Corporation; revising a prohibition against the issuance of insurance policies containing certain deductible provisions; authorizing insurers to limit roof claim payments to the actual cash value under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 House - Died on Second Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/02/22, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -SJ 337
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 341
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/16/22, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 433
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 2 -SJ 521
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 528
• Read 2nd time -SJ 586
• Amendment(s) failed (186652, 385312) -SJ 586
• Amendment(s) adopted (327802) -SJ 586
• Read 3rd time -SJ 586
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 11 -SJ 586, 587
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Second Reading Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.