CS/SB 1844: Mental Health and Substance Abuse
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Bean ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
Mental Health and Substance Abuse; Revising provisions relating to the voluntary admission of minors to a facility for examination and treatment; requiring that a minor’s assent to voluntary care be verified through a clinical review; requiring law enforcement officers transporting individuals for involuntary treatment to take certain actions; requiring law enforcement officers transporting individuals for certain treatment to take certain actions, etc.
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 159
• Introduced -SJ 158
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/01/22, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/07/22, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/24/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 454
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/22 -SJ 484
• Read 2nd time -SJ 417
• Amendment(s) adopted (302042) -SJ 417
• Read 3rd time -SJ 472
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/7/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 736
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-41
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.