CS/SB 1940: Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience
Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience; Establishing the Statewide Office of Resilience within the Executive Office of the Governor; providing for the appointment of a Chief Resilience Officer; requiring the Department of Transportation to develop a resilience action plan for the State Highway System; revising the projects the Department of Environmental Protection may fund within the Resilient Florida Grant Program; extending the dates by which the department must complete a comprehensive statewide flood vulnerability and sea-level rise data set and assessment; requiring the Florida Flood Hub for Applied Research and Innovation to provide tidal and storm surge flooding data to counties and municipalities for vulnerability assessments, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7053 (Ch. 2022-89) -SJ 743
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 169
• Introduced -SJ 169
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources read 1st time -SJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/22/22, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/22 -SJ 760
• Read 2nd time -SJ 743
• Substituted CS/HB 7053 -SJ 743
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7053 (Ch. 2022-89) -SJ 743
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.