CS/CS/SB 224: Regulation of Smoking in Public Places
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Environment and Natural Resources ; Gruters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bradley ; Farmer ; Berman ; Stewart ; Rouson ; Boyd ; Hooper
Regulation of Smoking in Public Places; Authorizing counties and municipalities to further restrict smoking within the boundaries of public beaches and public parks under certain circumstances, with exceptions; requiring that any signs installed in relation to such restrictions include certain information, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 105 (Ch. 2022-213) -SJ 513
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Environment and Natural Resources (EN)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Environment and Natural Resources; Rules -SJ 13
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 11/03/21, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 95
• Now in Environment and Natural Resources
• Introduced -SJ 13
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 02/07/22, 2:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources read 1st time -SJ 345
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 375
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Retained on Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 513
• Substituted CS/HB 105 -SJ 513
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 105 (Ch. 2022-213) -SJ 513
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.