CS/SB 268: Proclamation of “Victims of Communism Day”
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Diaz
Proclamation of “Victims of Communism Day”; Requiring the Governor to proclaim November 7 annually as “Victims of Communism Day”; requiring the day to be observed in public schools and by public exercise; requiring a day other than November 7 to be observed by public schools under a specified circumstance; requiring certain high school students to receive specified instruction on Victims of Communism Day, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 395 (Ch. 2022-98) -SJ 512
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 11/02/21, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 94
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• Introduced -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/16/22, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 433
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 484
• Read 2nd time -SJ 512
• Substituted CS/HB 395 -SJ 512
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 395 (Ch. 2022-98) -SJ 512
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.