SB 340: Care of Students with Epilepsy or Seizure Disorders
GENERAL BILL by Garcia
Care of Students with Epilepsy or Seizure Disorders; Providing for the creation of an individualized seizure action plan for a student with epilepsy or seizure disorders to receive health care at school; requiring school nurses or appropriate school employees to coordinate the care of such students and ensure that specified training is provided to specified school employees and individuals; requiring school districts to provide specified information and training to school bus drivers who transport students with epilepsy or seizure disorders; providing immunity from liability under certain conditions, etc.
Last Action: 3/2/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 173 (Ch. 2022-19) -SJ 513
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 19
• Introduced -SJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/18/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/25/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 217
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 02/16/22, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/24/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 454
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/22 -SJ 521
• Read 2nd time -SJ 512
• Substituted CS/HB 173 -SJ 513
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 173 (Ch. 2022-19) -SJ 513
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.