HM 523: Balancing the Federal Budget
MEMORIAL by Sirois ; Gregory ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Barnaby ; Beltran ; Fabricio ; Fischer ; Garrison ; Latvala ; Overdorf ; Rizo ; Robinson, W. ; Rommel ; Roth ; Yarborough
Balancing the Federal Budget; Urges Congress to take immediate actions to begin reducing the federal debt and to enact legislation requiring a balanced federal budget.
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Appropriations Committee
• Now in Appropriations Committee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Appropriations Committee agenda
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee
• Reported out of Appropriations Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/15/2022)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 362351 adopted
• Adopted as amended
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 434
• Received -SJ 434
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.