CS/SB 544: Drug-related Overdose Prevention
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson
Drug-related Overdose Prevention; Revising the purpose of specified provisions relating to the prescribing, ordering, and dispensing of emergency opioid antagonists to certain persons by authorized health care practitioners; providing certain authorized persons immunity from civil or criminal liability for administering emergency opioid antagonists under certain circumstances; revising requirements for a certain health awareness campaign; requiring hospital emergency departments and urgent care centers to report incidents involving a suspected or actual overdose to the Department of Health under certain circumstances, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 12/02/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 94
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• Introduced -SJ 32
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/19/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 219
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/27/22, 11:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 244
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/03/22 -SJ 337
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 245
• Read 2nd time -SJ 329
• Amendment(s) adopted (703254) -SJ 329
• Read 3rd time -SJ 330
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 330
• Immediately certified -SJ 337
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (2/22/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 731
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 108283 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (108283) -SJ 734
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 734
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 734
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-28
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.