CS/SB 552: Clerks of the Circuit Court
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Boyd ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ausley ; Wright
Clerks of the Circuit Court; Revising the calculation used to determine the presumed ability to pay certain fees, charges, costs, and fines; requiring the Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation to provide a recommendation on the distribution of specified fines, fees, charges, and costs; authorizing clerks of the circuit court to submit to the commission, at prescribed intervals, certified requests for reimbursement of specified petitions and orders at a certain rate per petition or order; authorizing clerks of the court to conduct a review of specified records, etc.
Last Action: 3/4/2022 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 397 (Ch. 2022-201) -SJ 675
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 11/30/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 94
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• Introduced -SJ 34
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/01/22, 10:30 am, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/22 -SJ 689
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 523
• Read 2nd time -SJ 675
• Substituted CS/HB 397 -SJ 675
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 397 (Ch. 2022-201) -SJ 675
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.