CS/SB 722: Education for Student Inmates
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Perry
Education for Student Inmates; Authorizing the Department of Corrections and each county, respectively, to contract with Florida College System institutions to provide education services for student inmates; authorizing the expenditure of state funds for the education of state inmates who have a specified amount of time remaining to serve on their sentences, etc.
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 45
• Introduced -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/01/22, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/08/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/15/22, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/22 -SJ 451
• Read 2nd time -SJ 447
• Read 3rd time -SJ 447
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 447
• Immediately certified -SJ 451
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/3/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 1515
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 113, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 695
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-143
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.