HB 747: Protections of Medical Conscience
GENERAL BILL by Snyder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman
Protections of Medical Conscience; Provides that health care providers & health care payers have right to not participate in or pay for any health care services that violate their consciences; prohibits person from taking or threatening to take adverse action against such providers & payers for specified actions; provides for civil remedies & damages; provides immunity from civil, criminal, & administrative liability for such providers & payers under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 House - Died in Judiciary Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Professions & Public Health Subcommittee
• Referred to Judiciary Committee
• Referred to Health & Human Services Committee
• Now in Professions & Public Health Subcommittee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Professions & Public Health Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Professions & Public Health Subcommittee
• Reported out of Professions & Public Health Subcommittee
• Now in Judiciary Committee
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.