CS/CS/SB 752: Probationary or Supervision Services for Misdemeanor Offenders
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Gainer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pizzo ; Perry
Probationary or Supervision Services for Misdemeanor Offenders; Authorizing the Department of Corrections to supervise certain misdemeanor offenders; deleting a prohibition on private entities providing probationary or supervision services to certain misdemeanor offenders; requiring the department to reduce a probationer’s or offender’s supervision term by a specified amount of time for completing an educational advancement activity; authorizing a private or public entity to provide probation services and other specified programming to misdemeanor offenders, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/11/22, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/22, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 02/16/22, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 433
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/28/22, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 521
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/22 -SJ 591
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 524
• Read 2nd time -SJ 566
• Amendment(s) adopted (945226) -SJ 566
• Read 3rd time -SJ 567
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 567
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/8/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 814
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2022-166
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.