CS/SB 756: Public Records/Human Trafficking Victims
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Diaz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton
Public Records/Human Trafficking Victims; Expanding an existing public records exemption relating to human trafficking victims seeking expunction of certain records related to an offense listed in s. 775.084(1)(b)1., F.S.; providing for future review and repeal of the expanded exemption; providing for the reversion of specified provisions if the exemption is not saved from repeal; providing that a petition for human trafficking victim expunction and all pleadings and documents related to the petition are confidential and exempt from public records requirements; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 11/30/21, 12:30 pm, 37 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/11/22, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 47
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 116
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 173
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/26/22, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 218
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/03/22, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/22 -SJ 364
• Read 2nd time -SJ 358
• Read 3rd time -SJ 358
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 358
• Immediately certified -SJ 364
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/1/2022)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 1441
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 968849 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.