CS/CS/SB 772: Protection of Victims and Witnesses
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Diaz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry
Protection of Victims and Witnesses; Revising the standard for orders to protect certain testifying victims and witnesses; prohibiting depositions of certain victims and witnesses in certain proceedings without a showing of good cause; revising factors to be considered by a court in a motion seeking to protect a victim or witness; requiring the court to appoint a guardian ad litem or other advocate for the deponent under certain circumstances; creating the Statewide Data Repository for Anonymous Human Trafficking Data at the University of South Florida, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/11/22, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 50
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 116
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 174
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/31/22, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/10/22, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 370
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/17/22 -SJ 426
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 377
• Read 2nd time -SJ 418
• Amendment(s) adopted (796990) -SJ 418
• Read 3rd time -SJ 420
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 420
• Immediately certified -SJ 426
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (3/1/2022)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 1439
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 477311 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114, NAYS 1
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.