SB 948: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Book
Child Welfare; Specifying circumstances under which a court is required or authorized, on or after a specified date, to appoint a guardian ad litem in certain proceedings; renaming the Guardian Ad Litem Qualifications Committee as the Child Well-Being Qualifications Committee; requiring the Statewide Guardian Ad Litem Office to develop guidelines to identify conflicts of interest of guardians ad litem; creating the Statewide Office of Child Representation within the Justice Administrative Commission; specifying when the court is required or authorized to appoint an attorney for the child, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2022 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/11/22, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 64
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.