CS/SB 1002: Motor Vehicle Glass
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Stewart ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hooper
Motor Vehicle Glass; Prohibiting motor vehicle repair shops or their employees from offering anything of value to a customer in exchange for making an insurance claim for motor vehicle glass replacement or repair, including offers made through certain persons; prohibiting persons from entering into assignment agreements of post-loss benefits for motor vehicle glass replacement or repair after a specified date; providing that such assignment agreements are void and unenforceable; prohibiting certain persons from requiring claimants to use certain companies or locations for specified services and products, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/15/23, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/20/23, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/11/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/19/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 437
• Amendment(s) adopted (733426) -SJ 438
• Read 3rd time -SJ 438
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 438
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 103, NAYS 16
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-136
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.