CS/SB 1416: Dissolution of Marriage
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Policy ; Gruters
Dissolution of Marriage; Authorizing the court to consider the adultery of either spouse and any resulting economic impact in determining the amount of alimony awarded; providing a burden of proof for the party seeking support, maintenance, or alimony; removing the unanticipated change of circumstances requirement regarding modifying a parenting plan and time-sharing schedule; requiring the court to reduce or terminate support, maintenance, or alimony under certain circumstances; authorizing the court to reduce or terminate an award of support, maintenance, or alimony upon specific written findings of fact regarding the obligor’s retirement, etc.
Last Action: 7/5/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-315, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1301 (Ch. 2023-301)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Fiscal Policy; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 03/23/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Fiscal Policy; YEAS 17 NAYS 2
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 2
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 414
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 429
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 6 -SJ 430
• Immediately certified -SJ 438
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 102, NAYS 12
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-315, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1301 (Ch. 2023-301)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.