CS/CS/SB 1604: Land Use and Development Regulations
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Community Affairs ; Ingoglia
Land Use and Development Regulations; Revising the planning periods that must be included in a comprehensive plan; requiring local governments to determine if plan amendments are necessary to reflect a certain minimum planning period; requiring, rather than encouraging, a local government to comprehensively evaluate and update its comprehensive plan to reflect changes in local conditions; requiring the state land planning agency to provide population projections if a local government fails to update its comprehensive plan, etc.
Last Action: 5/8/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-31
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/05/23, 8:30 am, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Rules
• Now in Rules
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/19/23, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 5
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/23
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 503
• Amendment(s) adopted (810840) -SJ 504
• Read 3rd time -SJ 534
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 27 NAYS 13 -SJ 534
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 714203 adopted
• Amendment 651419 Failed
• Amendment 231901 Failed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 75, NAYS 34
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (714203) -SJ 867
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 27 NAYS 13 -SJ 867
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-31
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.