CS/SB 214: Sales of Firearms and Ammunition
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Burgess
Sales of Firearms and Ammunition; Prohibiting payment settlement entities, merchant acquiring entities, or third party settlement organizations from assigning merchant category codes or otherwise classifying merchants of firearms or ammunition separately from general merchandise or sporting goods retailers; prohibiting entities involved in facilitating or processing payment card transactions from assigning to or requiring a merchant to use certain merchant category codes; authorizing the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to investigate certain alleged violations and bring administrative actions, etc.
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/21/23, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 3
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/06/23, 3:30 pm, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 2
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/15/23, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 5
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/23/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 231
• Read 3rd time -SJ 231
• CS passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 11 -SJ 231
• Immediately certified -SJ 234
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/1/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 83, NAYS 32
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-79
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.