CS/SB 384: Violent Offenses Committed Against Criminal Defense Attorneys
Violent Offenses Committed Against Criminal Defense Attorneys; Providing for the reclassification of specified offenses committed against criminal defense attorneys, etc.
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/13/23, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time
• Original reference(s) removed: Judiciary
• Remaining references corrected to Rules
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/12/23
• Read 2nd time -SJ 389
• Read 3rd time -SJ 389
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 389
• Immediately certified -SJ 394
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/HB 71
• Read 2nd time
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 109, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-190
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.