CS/SB 7026: Higher Education Finances
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Appropriations Committee on Education
Higher Education Finances; Requiring the Board of Governors to develop regulations for university boards of trustees relating to contracting for the construction of new facilities or for work on existing facilities; authorizing a state university or Florida College System institution to waive the out-of-state fee for a student who is an intercollegiate athlete receiving a scholarship; revising the list of authorized expenditures that may be included in a carry forward spending plan for state universities; revising a limitation on compensation for state university employees; providing that certain educational facility contracting and construction techniques applicable to school districts also apply to Florida College System institutions, etc.
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Appropriations Committee on Education
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Education, 03/21/23, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Appropriations Committee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/28/23, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/23
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 325
• Amendment(s) adopted (121446, 372702) -SJ 325
• Read 3rd time -SJ 327
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 327
• Immediately certified -SJ 335
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/28/2023)
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 856631 adopted
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109, NAYS 0
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (856631) -SJ 628
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 628
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-95
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.