CS/HB 7049: Central Bank Digital Currency
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Commerce Committee ; Duggan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Leek ; Maggard ; Roth
Central Bank Digital Currency; Defines "central bank digital currency" & revises definition of term "money" for purposes of Uniform Commercial Code.
Last Action: 5/1/2023 House - Laid on Table; companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7054 (Ch. 2023-80)
Bill Text: PDF
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Referred to Judiciary Committee
• Now in Judiciary Committee
• Added to Judiciary Committee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Judiciary Committee
• Reported out of Judiciary Committee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Laid on Table; companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7054 (Ch. 2023-80)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.