CS/CS/SB 838: Proceeds Funding Motorcycle Safety Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Transportation ; Collins
Proceeds Funding Motorcycle Safety Education; Requiring that the motorcycle safety education fee be used for a safety and education program administered by Florida not-for-profit corporations; specifying requirements for the administrators of such program; requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to enter into certain contracts for a specified purpose; specifying the requirements of the safety awareness and education programs; requiring the department to select program administrators and enter into specified contracts by a specified date, etc.
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/20/23, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• CS by Transportation read 1st time
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/18/23, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 12 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/23, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/23
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time
• Read 2nd time -SJ 609
• Read 3rd time -SJ 610
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 610
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (5/2/2023)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2023-118
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.