The Senate will convene at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, May 23, 2022, for 2022 Special Session D.
3:00 — 5:00 PM
The 2022-23 General Appropriations Act
Florida’s 2022-23 balanced budget includes unprecedented K-12 funding, historic state reserves and prioritizes investments in public safety, clean water, and environmental infrastructure.
Every child deserves to grow up in a safe, loving home. The Senate is committed to expanding benefits for foster families and relatives willing to take on the responsibility of raising children who cannot live with their parents.
2022 Florida Redistricting
After each decennial Census the Legislature redraws the districts from which voters elect state representatives, state senators, and members of Congress.
Keep Florida Free
The Florida Legislature passed and Governor DeSantis signed into law the “Keep Florida Free” joint agenda in response to unlawful federal mandates.
- Florida Senate Democrats Call for Secretary of State Confirmation Hearing During Special Session May 17, 2022 - Press Release by Minority Office
- News You Can Use From Senator Audrey Gibson - Post Session in Review (pdf) May 16, 2022 - Publication by Senator Gibson
- Statement: Leader Lauren Book Applauds Judge Layne Smith May 11, 2022 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Florida Senate Democrats Vow to Defend Freedom & Health Care for Women May 4, 2022 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Taddeo Joins Democratic Colleagues in Call to Expand the Special Session to Include Rental Relief April 28, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Taddeo
- Statement from President Simpson on Governor DeSantis Recommending Senator Manny Diaz Serve as Florida Education Commissioner April 21, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Bobby Powell Slams Governor’s Latest CRT Witch Hunt April 18, 2022 - Press Release by Senator Powell
- Increased Protections for Unborn Children Signed Into Law April 14, 2022 - Press Release by President's Office