The Senate will convene on Monday, May 17, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. for 2021 Special Session A.
Broad-Based Tax Relief
House Bill 7061 delivers tax relief to families and businesses across the state, with sales tax holidays for the upcoming hurricane season, school year, and outdoor activities. The bill also provides relief for affordable housing properties and items that support independent living.
Improving Florida’s Unemployment System
The Senate passed SB 50 by Senator Gruters to prevent unexpected tax hikes on Florida businesses and replenish Florida’s Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund. SB1906 by Senator Brodeur and Senator Stewart would increase the weekly unemployment benefit from $275 to $375.
- Statement From Florida State Senator Linda Stewart On Governor's Signing Of Restrictive Voting Bill Into Law May 6, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Statement from State Senator Janet Cruz On Governor DeSantis' Signing Of SB 90 May 6, 2021 - Press Release by Senator Cruz
- Memorandum Regarding the Special Session on Gaming (pdf) May 5, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- Updated COVID-19 Protocols (pdf) May 3, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- Senate Passes Broad-Based Tax Relief Package April 30, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- President Simpson Marks the Conclusion of the 2021 Legislative Session April 30, 2021 - Press Release by President's Office
- Budget Summary: 2021-2022 General Appropriations Act (pdf) April 30, 2021 - Publication by President's Office
- Statement from Majority Leader Mayfield on 2021 Legislative Session Accomplishments April 30, 2021 - Press Release by Majority Office