2020 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 17, 2020. Senator Wilton Simpson of Spring Hill was elected Senate President and Senator Aaron Bean of Fernandina Beach was elected President Pro Tempore.
The Florida Senate and staff would like to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
Florida’s Reemployment Assistance Program
If your employment has been negatively impacted as a result of the mitigation efforts in Florida to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive Reemployment Assistance benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation.
- President Simpson Appoints Senator Mayfield as Senate Majority Leader (pdf) November 23, 2020 - Publication by President's Office
- The Mayfield Minute with Debbie Mayfield (pdf) November 23, 2020 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Statement from Majority Leader Debbie Mayfield on Appointment as the 2020-2022 Republican Leader November 23, 2020 - Press Release by Majority Office
- Florida Unemployment Benefits Watch November 21, 2020 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Stargel to Chair Senate Committee on Appropriations (pdf) November 20, 2020 - Publication by President's Office
- Florida Unemployment Benefits Watch November 19, 2020 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Florida Unemployment Benefits Watch November 18, 2020 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senator Wilton Simpson Unanimously Elected Senate President November 17, 2020 - Press Release by President's Office