The Senate will convene at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023, for the 2023 Special Session B.
Hurricane Relief, Property Insurance, Toll Credits
During Special Session A, the Senate passed legislation to improve the property insurance marketplace for homeowners, deliver relief for Floridians impacted by recent hurricanes, and provide $500 million in statewide toll savings for Florida commuters.
2022 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 22, 2022. Senator Kathleen Passidomo of Naples was elected Senate President and Senator Dennis Baxley of Ocala was elected President Pro Tempore.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
- Special Session B - Schedule and Legislation (pdf) February 3, 2023 - Publication by President's Office
- Senator Stewart Files Environmental Legislation February 3, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Senator Lori Berman and Representative Joe Casello file bill to Close Loophole in Impaired Driving Statutes February 3, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Berman
- FIRST AWARDS THROUGH BROADBAND OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM INCLUDE $1.5 MILLION FOR DISTRICT 40 RESIDENTS IN THE CITY OF HOMESTEAD, THE REDLANDS, AND FLORIDA CITY February 2, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Rodriguez
- Governor DeSantis Announces Support for Democratic Leader’s Quest to End Diaper Tax for Florida Families February 1, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Book
- STATEMENT: Leader Lauren Book Responds to the Governor’s 2023-2024 Budget Priorities February 1, 2023 - Press Release by Minority Office
- SENATOR ANA MARIA RODRIGUEZ NAMED 2023 LEGISLATIVE CHAMPION BY THE GREATER MIAMI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (pdf) January 31, 2023 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- Senate District 40 January Newsletter - Senator Ana Maria Rodriguez (pdf) January 31, 2023 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez