Hurricane Relief, Property Insurance, Toll Credits
During Special Session A, the Senate passed legislation to improve the property insurance marketplace for homeowners, deliver relief for Floridians impacted by recent hurricanes, and provide $500 million in statewide toll savings for Florida commuters.
2022 Organization Session
The Senate convened in Organization Session on November 22, 2022. Senator Kathleen Passidomo of Naples was elected Senate President and Senator Dennis Baxley of Ocala was elected President Pro Tempore.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
- Governor DeSantis Announces Support for Democratic Leader’s Quest to End Diaper Tax for Florida Families February 1, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Book
- SENATOR ANA MARIA RODRIGUEZ NAMED 2023 LEGISLATIVE CHAMPION BY THE GREATER MIAMI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (pdf) January 31, 2023 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- Senate District 40 January Newsletter - Senator Ana Maria Rodriguez (pdf) January 31, 2023 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- Leader Lauren Book and Representative Skidmore File “Learning with Dignity” Bill Ensuring Menstrual Products for Girls in Florida Schools January 27, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Book
- Senator Stewart Introduces Bill to Fight Human Trafficking January 27, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- LIVE LOCAL: Florida Senate President Kathleen Passidomo Unveils Comprehensive Statewide Workforce Housing Strategy (pdf) January 26, 2023 - Publication by President's Office
- Senator Stewart and Senator Rodriguez Introduce Asian American History Bill January 26, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Stewart
- Leader Book and Representative Harris File Bill to Eliminate “Panic Defense” Attacks on LGBTQIA+ Individuals January 25, 2023 - Press Release by Senator Book