2009 Florida Statutes
125.9504 Volunteer benefits.--
(1) Meals may be furnished without charge to a regular-service volunteer serving a unit of county government or constitutional county officer if the volunteer's scheduled service extends over an established meal period, and to an occasional-service volunteer at the discretion of the head of the unit of county government or constitutional county officer.
(2) Lodging, if available, may be furnished temporarily, in case of an emergency, at no charge to a regular-service volunteer.
(3) Transportation reimbursement may be furnished to a volunteer whose presence is determined to be necessary by the unit of county government or constitutional county officer. Volunteers may use county vehicles in the performance of their county duties.
(4) Volunteers are covered by workers' compensation in accordance with chapter 440, and ss. 125.9501-125.9506 do not limit any workers' compensation rights or benefits.
(5) Volunteers may be furnished such other benefits, subsistence, or reimbursement of expenses as the unit of county government or constitutional county officer considers appropriate and necessary to further ss. 125.9501-125.9506.
History.--s. 4, ch. 88-66.