2009 Florida Statutes
348.941 Definitions.--As used in this part, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the term:
(1) "Agency of the state" means and includes this state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, this state.
(2) "Authority" means the St. Lucie County Expressway and Bridge Authority.
(3) "Bonds" means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) "County" means St. Lucie County.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Transportation.
(6) "Division" means the Division of Bond Finance of the State Board of Administration.
(7) "Expressway" means the same as "limited access facility" as defined in s. 334.03
(8) "Federal agency" means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(9) "Lease-purchase agreement" means a lease-purchase agreement which the authority is authorized to enter with the Department of Transportation pursuant to this part.
(10) "Members" means the governing body of the authority, and "member" means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(11) "St. Lucie County Expressway and Bridge System" means:
(a) Any and all expressways in St. Lucie County and appurtenant facilities thereto, including, but not limited to, all approaches, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for such expressway or expressways; and
(b) The Indian River Lagoon Bridge.
(12) "St. Lucie County gasoline tax funds" means all the 80-percent surplus gasoline tax funds accruing in each year to the Department of Transportation for use in St. Lucie County under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, after deduction only of any amounts of such gasoline tax funds heretofore pledged by the department or the county for outstanding obligations.
History.--s. 1, ch. 83-128; s. 293, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 49, ch. 99-385.