- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
(1) A violation of any of the provisions of this chapter, except those violations with a specific criminal charge, as enumerated in s. 318.17, are infractions, as defined in s. 318.13(3). Except for violations of s. 316.302, infractions of this chapter are punishable as provided in chapter 318. Any person convicted of a violation of or otherwise found to be in violation of s. 316.063, s. 316.3025, s. 316.516, s. 316.545, or s. 316.550 shall be punished as specifically provided in that section.
(2) Drivers convicted of a violation of any offense prohibited by this chapter or any other law of this state regulating motor vehicles may have their driving privileges revoked or suspended by the court if the court finds such revocation or suspension warranted by the totality of the circumstances resulting in the conviction and the need to provide for the maximum safety for all persons who travel on or who are otherwise affected by the use of the highways of the state. In determining whether suspension or revocation is appropriate, the court shall consider all pertinent factors, including, but not limited to, such factors as the extent and nature of the driver’s violation of this chapter, the number of persons killed or injured as the result of the driver’s violation of this chapter, and the extent of any property damage resulting from the driver’s violation of this chapter.
History.—s. 1, ch. 71-135; s. 2, ch. 74-377; ss. 1, 4, ch. 76-31; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 3, ch. 77-456; s. 15, ch. 81-218; s. 6, ch. 83-218; s. 20, ch. 84-359; s. 3, ch. 85-87; s. 18, ch. 86-296; s. 1, ch. 87-246; s. 8, ch. 87-270; s. 2, ch. 87-378; s. 6, ch. 92-165; s. 65, ch. 94-209; s. 11, ch. 94-306; s. 906, ch. 95-148; s. 8, ch. 95-247; s. 26, ch. 95-267; s. 40, ch. 96-350; s. 45, ch. 97-300.
Note.—Former s. 316.026.