- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2011 Florida Statutes
627.653 Employee groups.—
(1)(a) A group of individual employees of an employer, or employees and their dependents, may be insured, for the benefit of persons other than the employer, under a policy issued to the employer or to the trustees of a fund established by an employer, which employer or board of trustees is deemed to be the policyholder, insuring employees of the employer for the benefit of persons other than the employer.
(b) Employees insured under a policy issued pursuant to this section may include any of the following:
1. Directors of a corporate employer, former employees, or retired employees.
2. The individual proprietor or partners if the employer is a proprietor or partnership.
3. Elected or appointed officials if the policy is issued to insure employees of a public body.
(c) A policy issued pursuant to this section may insure the employees of one or more subsidiary or affiliated corporations, proprietors, and partnerships if the business of the employer and the subsidiary or affiliated corporations, proprietors, or partnerships are under common control.
(2) A policy may not be issued pursuant to this section unless all employees of the employer are declared eligible and acceptable to the insurer at the time of issuance of the policy, or unless all members of any class or classes of the employees, determined by conditions pertaining to their employment, but not determined so as to exclude those in the more hazardous employment solely because of their hazardous employment, are declared eligible and acceptable to the insurer at the time of issuance of the policy.
(3) A policy issued pursuant to this section may insure the spouse or dependent children with or without the employee being insured.
History.—s. 586, ch. 59-205; s. 1, ch. 63-218; s. 1, ch. 72-17; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 501, 523, 809(2nd), ch. 82-243; s. 79, ch. 82-386; ss. 63, 114, ch. 92-318.
Note.—Former s. 627.0602.