2012 Florida Statutes
348.752 Definitions.—The following terms, whenever used or referred to in this law, shall have the following meanings, except in those instances where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) The term “agency of the state” means and includes the state and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the state.
(2) The term “authority” means the body politic and corporate, and agency of the state created by this part.
(3) The term “bonds” means and includes the notes, bonds, refunding bonds, or other evidences of indebtedness or obligations, in either temporary or definitive form, which the authority is authorized to issue pursuant to this part.
(4) The term “city” means the City of Orlando.
(5) The term “county” means the County of Orange.
(6) The term “department” means the Department of Transportation existing under chapters 334-339.
(7) The term “expressway” is the same as limited access expressway.
(8) The term “federal agency” means and includes the United States, the President of the United States, and any department of, or corporation, agency, or instrumentality heretofore or hereafter created, designated, or established by, the United States.
(9) The term “lease-purchase agreement” means the lease-purchase agreements which the authority is authorized pursuant to this part to enter into with the Department of Transportation.
(10) The term “limited access expressway” means a street or highway especially designed for through traffic, and over, from, or to which, no person shall have the right of easement, use, or access except in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated and established by the authority for the use of such facility. Such highways or streets may be parkways, from which trucks, buses, and other commercial vehicles shall be excluded, or they may be freeways open to use by all customary forms of street and highway traffic.
(11) The term “members” means the governing body of the authority, and the term “member” means one of the individuals constituting such governing body.
(12) The term “Orange County gasoline tax funds” means all the 80-percent surplus gasoline tax funds accruing in each year to the Department of Transportation for use in Orange County under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, after deduction only of any amounts of said gasoline tax funds heretofore pledged by the department or the county for outstanding obligations.
(13) The term “Orlando-Orange County Expressway System” means any and all expressways and appurtenant facilities thereto, including, but not limited to, all approaches, roads, bridges, and avenues of access for said expressway or expressways.
(14) The term “State Board of Administration” means the body corporate existing under the provisions of s. 9, Art. XII of the State Constitution, or any successor thereto.
(15) Words importing singular number include the plural number in each case and vice versa, and words importing persons include firms and corporations.
History.—s. 2, ch. 63-573; s. 18, ch. 69-216; ss. 23, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 126, ch. 71-377.
Note.—Former s. 348.0101.