2012 Florida Statutes
435.02 Definitions.—For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Agency” means any state, county, or municipal agency that grants licenses or registration permitting the operation of an employer or is itself an employer or that otherwise facilitates the screening of employees pursuant to this chapter. If there is no state agency or the municipal or county agency chooses not to conduct employment screening, “agency” means the Department of Children and Family Services.
(2) “Employee” means any person required by law to be screened pursuant to this chapter, including, but not limited to, persons who are contractors, licensees, or volunteers.
(3) “Employer” means any person or entity required by law to conduct screening of employees pursuant to this chapter.
(4) “Employment” means any activity or service sought to be performed by an employee which requires the employee to be screened pursuant to this chapter.
(5) “Specified agency” means the Department of Health, the Department of Children and Family Services, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation within the Department of Education, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Department of Elderly Affairs, the Department of Juvenile Justice, and the Agency for Persons with Disabilities when these agencies are conducting state and national criminal history background screening on persons who work with children or persons who are elderly or disabled.
History.—s. 47, ch. 95-228; s. 207, ch. 99-8; s. 36, ch. 2010-114; s. 9, ch. 2012-73.