- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2012 Florida Statutes
619.06 Bylaws.—Each association incorporated under this chapter must, within 30 days after its incorporation, adopt a code of bylaws for its government and management not inconsistent with the provisions of this law. A majority vote of the members or the written assent of members representing a majority of the votes, is necessary to adopt such bylaws. The provisions of the general laws of this state not inconsistent with the provisions of this chapter shall apply to the bylaws of the corporations provided for in this chapter. Each association may also, by its bylaws adopted as aforesaid, provide for the following matters:
(1) The manner of removal of any one or more of its directors and for filling any and all vacancies in the board of directors.
(2) The number of directors and the number of members or votes thereof constituting a quorum.
(3) The conditions upon which, and the time when, membership of any member in the association shall cease; the mode, manner and effect of expulsion of a member, subject to the right of the expelled member to have the board of directors (equitably) appraise the expelled member’s property interests in the association and to affix the amount thereof in money, and to have the money paid to him or her within 60 days after such expulsion.
(4) The amount of membership fee, if any, and the amount which each member shall be required to pay annually, or from time to time, if at all, to carry on the business of the association, and also the compensation, if any, to be paid by each member for any services rendered by the association to him or her, and the time of payment and the manner of collecting the same, and for forfeiture of the interest of the member in the association for nonpayment of the same.
(5) The number and qualification of members of the association and the conditions precedent to membership, and the method, time and manner of permitting members to withdraw, and providing for the assignment and transfer of the interest of the member, and the manner of determining the value of such interest, and providing for the purchase of such interest by the association upon the death, withdrawal or expulsion of a member or upon the forfeiture of his or her membership, at the option of the association.
(6) Permitting members to vote by their proxies and determining the conditions, manner, form and effect thereof.
History.—s. 4, ch. 5958, 1909; RGS 4513; CGL 6512; s. 114, ch. 97-102.