2014 Florida Statutes
Submission of vacation certificate documents.
Submission of vacation certificate documents.
559.9295 Submission of vacation certificate documents.—Sellers of travel who offer vacation certificates must submit and disclose to the department with the application for registration, and any time such document is changed, but prior to the sale of any vacation certificate, the following materials:
(1) A copy of the contract by which the rights, obligations, benefits, and privileges resulting from purchase of a vacation certificate are established.
(2) A copy of each promotional brochure, pamphlet, form letter, registration form, or any other written material disseminated in connection with the advertising, promotion, or sale of any vacation certificate.
(3) A verbatim script of each radio, television, or movie, or other similar advertisement, broadcast to the public in connection with the advertising, promotion, or sale of any vacation certificates.
(4) A transcript of any standard verbal sales presentation utilized in connection with the advertising, promotion, or sale of vacation certificates.
(5) A copy of all rules, regulations, conditions, or limitations upon the use of, or obtaining reservations for the use of, accommodations or facilities available pursuant to the vacation certificate.
(6) A copy of a written authorization for the use of any registered trademark, trade name, or trade logo utilized in promotional brochures, pamphlets, form letters, registration forms, or other written materials disseminated in connection with the advertising, promotion, or sale of vacation certificates from the holder of each trademark, trade name, or trade logo so used.
(7) A complete copy of the original of each testimonial letter from previous vacation certificate purchasers utilized in advertisements disseminated in connection with advertising, promotion, or sale of vacation certificates.
(8) Where discount or complimentary coupons or tickets are to be provided to purchasers, a copy of such ticket or coupon which shall include a statement of the names and addresses of businesses where honored, the goods, services, or amenities provided, and any additional charges, limitations, or conditions.
(9) Where other goods, services, or amenities are provided to the purchaser in addition to the right to use accommodations or facilities, a description of such goods, services, or amenities, including any charges, limitations, or conditions, and a statement of the names and addresses of business entities which are to provide or honor them.
(10) A statement of the number of certificates to be issued and the date of their expiration.
(11) A copy of the vacation certificate and its component parts, including, but not limited to, any registration card, form letter, reservation form, confirmation form, and lodging directory.
(12) A copy of any agreement between the seller and business entities providing accommodations or facilities to purchasers.
(13) A copy of any agreement between the seller and each business entity providing or honoring discount or complimentary coupons or tickets, or providing other goods, services, or amenities to the purchaser.
(14) A listing of the full name, address, and telephone number of each person through which the distribution and sale of vacation certificates is to be carried out, including the number of vacation certificates allocated or sold to each such person and the name and address of a Florida registered agent for service of process.
(15) A financial statement prepared by an independent certified public accountant in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles or the most recently filed federal income tax return. Such statement or return shall be submitted annually at the close of each fiscal year. A seller which has not yet begun operations shall submit a balance sheet prepared by an independent certified public accountant in accordance with generally accepted auditing principles in lieu of an initial financial statement, thereafter annually submitting a financial statement or federal income tax return at the close of the fiscal year.
(16) An annual submission fee not to exceed $100.
(17) Within 10 working days after receipt of any materials submitted subsequent to filing an initial registration application or any annual renewal thereof, the department shall determine whether such materials are adequate to meet the requirements of this section. The department shall notify the seller of travel that materials submitted are in substantial compliance, or shall notify the seller of travel of any specific deficiencies. If the department fails to notify the seller of travel of its determination within the period specified in this subsection, the materials shall be deemed in compliance; however, the failure of the department to send notification in either case will not relieve the seller of travel from the duty of complying with this section. Neither the submission of these materials nor the department’s response implies approval, recommendation, or endorsement by the department or that the contents of said materials have been verified by the department.
History.—ss. 1, 2, ch. 88-363; s. 6, ch. 89-296; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 88, ch. 92-291; s. 1, ch. 93-107; s. 5, ch. 95-314; s. 34, ch. 97-250.
Note.—Former s. 559.927(4).