- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2015 Florida Statutes
District budgets; hearing.
District budgets; hearing.
388.201 District budgets; hearing.—
(1) The fiscal year of districts operating under the provisions of this chapter shall be the 12-month period extending from October 1 of one year through September 30 of the following year. The governing board of the district shall before July 15 of each year complete the preparation of a tentative detailed work plan budget covering its proposed operations and requirements for arthropod control measures during the ensuing fiscal year and, for the purpose of determining eligibility for state aid, shall submit copies as may be required to the department for review and approval. The tentative detailed work plan budget shall set forth, classified by account number, title and program items, and by fund from which to be paid, the proposed expenditures of the district for construction, for acquisition of land, and other purposes, for the operation and maintenance of the district’s works, the conduct of the district generally, to which may be added an amount to be held as a reserve.
(2) The tentative detailed work plan budget shall also show the estimated amount which will appear at the beginning of the fiscal year as obligated upon commitments made but uncompleted. There shall be shown the estimated unobligated or net balance which will be on hand at the beginning of the fiscal year and the estimated amount to be raised by district taxes and from any and all other sources for meeting the district’s requirements.
(3) The budget and maintenance tax levy shall be adopted in accordance with the provisions of s. 200.065.
(4) The governing board:
(a) Shall consider objections filed against adoption of the tentative detailed work plan budget and in its discretion may amend, modify, or change such budget; and
(b) Shall by September 30 adopt and execute on a form furnished by the department a certified budget for the district which shall be the operating and fiscal guide for the district. Certified copies of this budget shall be submitted by September 30 to the department for approval.
(5) County commissioners’ mosquito and arthropod control budgets shall be made and adopted as prescribed by subsections (1) and (2); summary figures shall be incorporated into the county budgets as prescribed by the Department of Financial Services.
History.—s. 2, ch. 59-195; s. 1, ch. 63-236; ss. 12, 19, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 160, ch. 77-147; s. 6, ch. 86-203; s. 56, ch. 91-221; s. 407, ch. 2003-261; s. 6, ch. 2012-190.