2015 Florida Statutes
464.201 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Approved training program” means:
(a) A course of training conducted by a public sector or private sector educational center licensed by the Department of Education to implement the basic curriculum for nursing assistants which is approved by the Department of Education. Beginning October 1, 2000, the board shall assume responsibility for approval of training programs under this paragraph.
(b) A training program operated under s. 400.141.
(2) “Board” means the Board of Nursing.
(3) “Certified nursing assistant” means a person who meets the qualifications specified in this part and who is certified by the board as a certified nursing assistant.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(5) “Practice of a certified nursing assistant” means providing care and assisting persons with tasks relating to the activities of daily living. Such tasks are those associated with personal care, maintaining mobility, nutrition and hydration, toileting and elimination, assistive devices, safety and cleanliness, data gathering, reporting abnormal signs and symptoms, postmortem care, patient socialization and reality orientation, end-of-life care, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency care, residents’ or patients’ rights, documentation of nursing-assistant services, and other tasks that a certified nurse assistant may perform after training beyond that required for initial certification and upon validation of competence in that skill by a registered nurse. This subsection does not restrict the ability of any person who is otherwise trained and educated from performing such tasks.
(6) “Registry” means the listing of certified nursing assistants maintained by the board.
History.—s. 204, ch. 99-397; s. 79, ch. 2000-318; s. 4, ch. 2005-62.
Note.—Former s. 468.821.