- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2015 Florida Statutes
507.13 Local regulation.—
(1)(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c), this chapter preempts a local ordinance or regulation of a county or municipality which regulates transactions relating to movers of household goods or moving brokers.
(b) This chapter does not preempt an ordinance or regulation originally enacted by a county before January 1, 2011, or a subsequent amendment to such an ordinance or regulation. However, registration fees required by such an ordinance or regulation must be reasonable and may not exceed the cost of administering the ordinance or regulation. In addition, registration and bonding may be required only of a mover or moving broker whose principal place of business is located within that county’s jurisdiction.
(c) This section does not preempt a local government’s authority to levy a local business tax pursuant to chapter 205.
(2) The department may enter into a cooperative agreement with any county or municipality which provides for the referral, investigation, and prosecution of consumer complaints alleging violations of this chapter.
History.—s. 13, ch. 2002-53; s. 15, ch. 2006-4; s. 4, ch. 2011-121.