2015 Florida Statutes
Appraisal notice and form.
Appraisal notice and form.
605.1065 Appraisal notice and form.—
(1) If the proposed appraisal event becomes effective, the limited liability company must send a written appraisal notice and form required by paragraph (2)(a) to all members who satisfy the requirements of s. 605.1064(1) or (2).
(2) The appraisal notice must be sent no earlier than the date the appraisal event became effective and within 10 days after such date and must:
(a) Supply a form that specifies the date that the appraisal event became effective and that provides for the member to state:
1. The member’s name and address;
2. The number, classes, and series of membership interests as to which the member asserts appraisal rights;
3. That the member did not vote for or execute a written consent with respect to the transaction as to any classes or series of membership interests as to which the member asserts appraisal rights;
4. Whether the member accepts the limited liability company’s offer as stated in subparagraph (b)5.; and
5. If the offer is not accepted, the member’s estimated fair value of the membership interests and a demand for payment of the member’s estimated value plus accrued interest.
1. Where the form described in paragraph (a) must be sent;
2. A date by which the limited liability company must receive the form, which date may not be less than 40 days or more than 60 days after the date the appraisal notice and form described in this section are sent, and that the member is considered to have waived the right to demand appraisal with respect to the membership interests unless the form is received by the limited liability company by such specified date;
3. In the case of membership interests represented by a certificate, the location at which certificates for the certificated membership interests must be deposited, if that action is required by the limited liability company, and the date by which those certificates must be deposited, which may not be earlier than the date for receiving the required form under subparagraph 2.;
4. The limited liability company’s estimate of the fair value of the membership interests;
5. An offer to each member who is entitled to appraisal rights to pay the limited liability company’s estimate of fair value provided in subparagraph 4.;
6. That, if requested in writing, the limited liability company will provide to the member so requesting, within 10 days after the date specified in subparagraph 2., the number of members who return the forms by the specified date and the total number of membership interests owned by such members;
7. The date by which the notice to withdraw under s. 605.1066 must be received, which date must be within 20 days after the date specified in subparagraph 2.; and
History.—s. 2, ch. 2013-180.