2015 Florida Statutes
218.403 Definitions.—The following words or terms, when used in this part, shall have the following meanings:
(1) “Board” means the State Board of Administration.
(2) “Chief Financial Officer” means the mayor, manager, administrator, clerk, comptroller, treasurer, director of finance, or other local government official, regardless of the title of his or her office, charged with administering the fiscal affairs of a unit of local government.
(3) “Current expenses” means expenses to meet known cash needs and anticipated cash-flow requirements for the short term.
(4) “GASB” means the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
(5) “GFOA” means the Government Finance Officers Association.
(6) “Governing body” means the body or board in which the legislative power of a unit of local government is vested.
(7) “Short term” means a maximum of 6 months of operation.
(8) “Surplus funds” means any funds in any general or special account or fund of a unit of local government, or funds held by an independent trustee on behalf of a unit of local government, which in reasonable contemplation will not be immediately needed for the purposes intended.
(9) “Trust fund” means the pooled investment fund created by s. 218.405 and known as the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund.
(10) “Trustees” mean the Trustees of the State Board of Administration.
(11) “Unit of local government” means any governmental entity within the state not part of state government and shall include, but not be limited to, the following and the officers thereof: any county, municipality, school district, special district, clerk of the circuit court, sheriff, property appraiser, tax collector, supervisor of elections, authority, board, public corporations, or any other political subdivision of the state.
History.—s. 1, ch. 77-394; s. 4, ch. 87-239; s. 1178, ch. 95-147; s. 5, ch. 95-194; s. 1, ch. 97-9; s. 2, ch. 2008-59.