- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2017 Florida Statutes
440.40 Compensation notice.—Every employer who has secured compensation under the provisions of this chapter shall keep posted in a conspicuous place or places in and about her or his place or places of business typewritten or printed notices, in accordance with a form prescribed by the department, the following:
(1) A notice stating that such employer has secured the payment of compensation in accordance with the provisions of this chapter. Such notices shall contain the name and address of the carrier, if any, with whom the employer has secured payment of compensation and the date of the expiration of the policy. The department may by rule prescribe the form of the notices and require carriers to provide the notices to policyholders.
(2) A notice stating: “Anti-Fraud Reward Program.—Rewards of up to $25,000 may be paid to persons providing information to the Department of Financial Services leading to the arrest and conviction of persons committing insurance fraud, including employers who illegally fail to obtain workers’ compensation coverage. Persons may report suspected fraud to the department at (Phone No.) . A person is not subject to civil liability for furnishing such information, if such person acts without malice, fraud, or bad faith.”
History.—s. 40, ch. 17481, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 5966(39); ss. 17, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 23, ch. 78-300; s. 124, ch. 79-40; s. 21, ch. 79-312; s. 43, ch. 89-289; s. 56, ch. 90-201; s. 52, ch. 91-1; s. 125, ch. 97-103; s. 7, ch. 98-125; s. 42, ch. 2002-194; s. 15, ch. 2002-236; s. 487, ch. 2003-261.