2019 Florida Statutes
255.072 Definitions.—As used in ss. 255.073-255.078, the term:
(1) “Agent” means project architect, project engineer, or any other agency or person acting on behalf of a public entity.
(2) “Construction services” means all labor, services, and materials provided in connection with the construction, alteration, repair, demolition, reconstruction, or any other improvements to real property. The term “construction services” does not include contracts or work performed for the Department of Transportation.
(3) “Contractor” means any person who contracts directly with a public entity to provide construction services.
(4) “Payment request” means a request for payment for construction services which conforms with all statutory requirements and with all requirements specified by the public entity to which the payment request is submitted.
(5) “Public entity” means the state, or any office, board, bureau, commission, department, branch, division, or institution thereof, but does not include a local governmental entity as defined in s. 218.72.
(6) “Purchase” means the purchase of construction services.
History.—s. 6, ch. 2005-230.