2019 Florida Statutes
531.37 Definitions.—As used in this chapter:
(1) “Weights and measures” means all weights and measures of every kind, instruments, and devices for weighing and measuring, and any appliance and accessories associated with any or all such instruments and devices, excluding taximeters, transportation measurement systems, and those weights and measures used for the purpose of inspecting the accuracy of devices used in conjunction with aviation fuel.
(2) “Weight” in connection with any commodity means net weight.
(3) “Correct” in connection with weights and measures means conformance to all applicable requirements of this chapter.
(4) “Primary standards” means the physical standards of the state which serve as the legal reference from which all other standards, weights, and measures are derived.
(5) “Secondary standards” means the physical standards which are traceable to the primary standards through comparisons, using acceptable laboratory procedures.
(6) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(7) “Person” includes both plural and singular, as the case demands, and includes individuals, partnerships, corporations, companies, societies, and associations.
(8) “Sale from bulk” means the sale of commodities when the quantity is determined at the time of sale.
(9) “Package” means any container or wrapping in which any commodity is enclosed for use in the delivery or display of that commodity to purchasers.
History.—s. 1, ch. 72-101; s. 18, ch. 2016-166; s. 28, ch. 2017-85.