2019 Florida Statutes
559.903 Definitions.—As used in this act:
(1) “Customer” means the person who signs the written repair estimate or any other person whom the person who signs the written repair estimate designates on the written repair estimate as a person who may authorize repair work.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(3) “Employee” means an individual who is employed full time or part time by a motor vehicle repair shop and performs motor vehicle repair.
(4) “Final estimate” means the last estimate approved by the customer either in writing or orally, as evidenced by the written repair estimate.
(5) “Motor vehicle” means any automobile, truck, bus, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, motor scooter, or other motor powered vehicle, but does not include trailers, mobile homes, travel trailers, trailer coaches without independent motive power, watercraft or aircraft, or special mobile equipment as defined in s. 316.003.
(6) “Motor vehicle repair shop” means any person who, for compensation, engages or attempts to engage in the repair of motor vehicles owned by other persons and includes, but is not limited to: mobile motor vehicle repair shops, motor vehicle and recreational vehicle dealers; garages; service stations; self-employed individuals; truck stops; paint and body shops; brake, muffler, or transmission shops; and shops doing glass work. Any person who engages solely in the maintenance or repair of the coach portion of a recreational vehicle is not a motor vehicle repair shop.
(7) “Place of business” means a physical place where the business of motor vehicle repair is conducted, including any vehicle constituting a mobile motor vehicle repair shop from which the business of motor vehicle repair is conducted.
(8) “Motor vehicle repair” means all maintenance of and modifications and repairs to motor vehicles, and diagnostic work incident thereto, including, but not limited to, the rebuilding or restoring of rebuilt vehicles, body work, painting, warranty work, and other work customarily undertaken by motor vehicle repair shops.
History.—s. 1, ch. 80-139; s. 3, ch. 93-219; s. 25, ch. 97-250; s. 13, ch. 99-307; s. 20, ch. 2001-214; s. 79, ch. 2016-239.