2019 Florida Statutes
(1) As used in this part:
(a) “International development bank” means a corporation established for the purpose of promoting development in foreign countries by directly or indirectly making funding available to foreign business enterprises or foreign governments or by providing financing in connection with import-export transactions. Subject to the limitations contained in s. 663.313, an international development bank may be organized under chapter 617 as a corporation not for profit or under part I of chapter 607 as a corporation for profit.
(b) “Foreign business enterprise” means any public or private enterprise engaged in commerce, industry, or agriculture in a foreign country, at least 75 percent of the employees of which are employed outside the United States.
(c) “Regional development bank” means a for-profit banking institution:
1. Which is listed in the International Monetary Fund’s Directory of Regional Economic Organizations and Intergovernmental Commodity and Development Organizations;
2. Which is otherwise afforded special privileges, including favorable tax treatment, under the laws of the jurisdiction in which it is organized;
3. Which has as its principal objective the extending of credit for international development purposes including short-term financial transactions; and
4. Which has at least 50 percent of its shares of voting stock owned by central banks or other government-owned financial institutions from at least five foreign countries and one or more financing affiliates of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, or which satisfies such other ownership requirements as the commission may specify by rule. When adopting any such rule, the commission shall take into account the objective of ensuring the multinational control of international development banks.
(2) Terms used but not defined in this chapter, but which are expressly defined in chapters 655, 658, and part I of this chapter shall in this part, unless the context otherwise requires, have the meanings assigned to them in said chapters.
History.—ss. 1, 5, ch. 86-82; s. 1, ch. 89-110; s. 1, ch. 91-307; s. 1, ch. 92-303; s. 1844, ch. 2003-261; s. 66, ch. 2014-209.