2019 Florida Statutes
732.521 Definitions.—As used in ss. 732.521-732.525, the term:
(1) “Audio-video communication technology” has the same meaning as provided in s. 117.201.
(2) “Electronic record” has the same meaning as provided in s. 668.50.
(3) “Electronic signature” means an electronic mark visibly manifested in a record as a signature and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record.
(4) “Electronic will” means a testamentary instrument, including a codicil, executed with an electronic signature by a person in the manner prescribed by this code, which disposes of the person’s property on or after his or her death and includes an instrument which merely appoints a personal representative or guardian or revokes or revises another will.
(5) “Online notarization” has the same meaning as provided in s. 117.201.
(6) “Online notary public” has the same meaning as provided in s. 117.201.
(7) “Qualified custodian” means a person who meets the requirements of s. 732.525(1).
(8) “Secure system” means a system that satisfies the requirements of a secure repository qualified to retain electronic journals of online notaries public in accordance with s. 117.245 and any rules established under part II of chapter 117.
History.—s. 32, ch. 2019-71.