(1)(a) The department shall, upon successful completion of all required examinations and payment of the required fee, issue to every qualified applicant a driver license that must bear a color photograph or digital image of the licensee; the name of the state; a distinguishing number assigned to the licensee; and the licensee’s full name, date of birth, and residence address; a brief description of the licensee, including, but not limited to, the licensee’s gender and height; and the dates of issuance and expiration of the license. A space shall be provided upon which the licensee shall affix his or her usual signature. A license is invalid until it has been signed by the licensee except that the signature of the licensee is not required if it appears thereon in facsimile or if the licensee is not present within the state at the time of issuance.
(b) In addition to the requirements of paragraph (a), each license must exhibit the class of vehicle which the licensee is authorized to operate and any applicable endorsements or restrictions. If the license is a commercial driver license, such fact must be exhibited thereon.
(c) The international symbol for the deaf and hard of hearing provided in s. 322.051(8)(c) shall be exhibited on the driver license of a person who is deaf or hard of hearing upon the payment of an additional $1 fee for the license and the presentation of sufficient proof that the person is deaf or hard of hearing as determined by the department. Until a person’s license is next renewed, the person may have the symbol added to his or her license upon the surrender of his or her current license, payment of a $2 fee to be deposited into the Highway Safety Operating Trust Fund, and presentation of sufficient proof that the person is deaf or hard of hearing as determined by the department. If the applicant is not conducting any other transaction affecting the driver license, a replacement license may be issued with the symbol without payment of the fee required in s. 322.21(1)(e). (d)1. The word “Veteran” must be exhibited on the driver license of a veteran upon the presentation of a copy of the person’s:
a. DD Form 214, issued by the United States Department of Defense;
b. Veteran health identification card, issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs;
c. Veteran identification card, issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs pursuant to the Veterans Identification Card Act of 2015, Pub. L. No. 114-31; or
d. Other acceptable form specified by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
2. Until a veteran’s license is next renewed, the veteran may have the word “Veteran” added to his or her license upon surrender of his or her current license and presentation of any of the forms of identification specified in subparagraph 1. If the applicant is not conducting any other transaction affecting the driver license, a replacement license must be issued with the word “Veteran” without payment of the fee required in s. 322.21(1)(e). (e) The department shall include symbols representing the following on a driver license upon the payment of an additional $1 fee by an applicant who meets the requirements of s. 322.08 and presents his or her:
1. Lifetime freshwater fishing license;
2. Lifetime saltwater fishing license;
3. Lifetime hunting license;
4. Lifetime sportsman’s license; or
5. Lifetime boater safety identification card.
A person may replace his or her driver license before its expiration date with a license that includes his or her status as a lifetime licensee or boater safety cardholder upon surrender of his or her current driver license, payment of a $2 fee to be deposited into the Highway Safety Operating Trust Fund, and presentation of the person’s lifetime license or identification card. If the sole purpose of the replacement driver license is the inclusion of the applicant’s status as a lifetime licensee or cardholder, the replacement driver license must be issued without payment of the fee required in s. 322.21(1)(e).
(2) The department may require other pertinent information to be exhibited on a driver license.